Police have today revealed that they have already arrested 34 people for drug offences, relating to this year’s Glastonbury Festival.
Officers have been targeting people over a two day period travelling from Paddington station in London to the Worthy Farm festival site. Using sniffer dogs on the platform, police were stopping anyone whose luggage raised suspicion.
Of the people arrested, four had been arrested with intent to supply as police aim to keep this year’s Glastonbury Festival drug free.
In 2005, 183 drugs arrests were made, which was 76 more than the previous year.
Related festival news:
- Pete Docherty arrested on suspicion of drug possession
- Man dies at Glastonbury of suspected drugs overdose
- Doherty escapes drug charges
- V Festival security increased
- ‘V’ Good festival
- Fans angry over Glastonbury tickets
- Glastonbury tickets selling fast!
- Glastonbury ticket information
- Free toilet roll for Glastonbury Festival goers
- Police urge T In The Park festival goers to stay safe
Be the first to comment on this story.
Add a comment...