Great news for those wanting to get to this years Reading Festival and have missed out, as Reading Borough Council have agreed that an extra 3,500 tickets can be released.
The extra tickets for Reading 2010 will go on sale at 10am tomorrow (Saturday 24th July) through official agents, Ticketmaster, and will take the capacity up to 82,000 public, plus a further 4,999 guests.
Headlining the 2010 Reading Festival will be Guns n Roses, Arcade Fire and Blink 182 over the August Bank Holiday weekend.
This capacity increase was applied for and agreed as part of the 2009 premises licence variation for Reading Festival and is year 2 of a 3-year arrangement of a staggered increase of 10,000 in total. In July 2009 Reading Borough Council agreed to increase capacity for the 2009 event by 3,500 with a further 3,500 tickets for the 2010 event and a further proposed increase of 3,000 in 2011.
Melvin Benn, Managing Director of Festival Republic, said:
“Once again I would like to thank the council for its continued support of Reading Festival and for its help in ensuring Reading Festival maintains its pole position as the greatest rock festival in the world. I am aware that there is a large waiting list via See Tickets and this will go some way to meet some of that demand albeit there are absolutely no early birds left.”
If you still miss out, don’t worry as official fan to fan secondary ticket agents ViaGoGo still have tickets for Reading available.
Related festival news:
- More tickets available for Reading
- Extra tickets for Glastonbury
- 2010 Reading Festival tickets now on sale
- Reading 2010 tickets now on sale
- Foo Fighters for Reading and Leeds
- Reading and Leeds Festival tickets to go on sale later today
- Reading and Leeds 2008 tickets go on sale
- More T In The Park tickets to be available
- Extra tickets for T In The Park now on sale
- Reading Festival close flooded campsites
Be the first to comment on this story.
Add a comment...