Festivals are an experience and for first timers, they can be a bit daunting.
Our Festival Survival Guide should help you:
- Choose a good pitch – preferably away from the toilets
- Test run putting your new tent up before you go as putting it up in the dark won’t be much fun, if it’s the first time.
- Wear old clothes and preferably ones with zips.
- Take drinks that you won’t mind drinking warm. Fridges aren’t in abundance at your campsite!
- Don’t take anything you wouldn’t want to lose. Do you really need to take your ipod?
- Make friends in your campsite……
- …..If you’re getting on famously, remember to practise safe sex!
- Don’t put padlocks on your tent – it only highlights the fact you’ve got something worth nicking!
- Take a mobile phone – festival sites are massive and YOU WILL get lost. Most phone companies have charging facilities – be prepared to queue though.
Got any more survival tips for newbies? Want to ask us a question? Submit it below.